TelkomONE Competition FAQs
- What is TelkomONE?
TelkomONE is a new free- and subscription-based, South African, tv, video and audio streaming service, offering you a choice of great local shows, compelling international programs, popular television channels and a huge selection of music to enjoy across any screen, anytime, anywhere.
- Getting Started to #OpenUpTheGames
Read the competition rules
it is important that you read through the competition rules, as this is where you will get the full details about the competition start and end dates, entry criteria and winners’ selection etc. You will be required to accept the terms before submitting your entry.
Behind the scenes
Have a title for your content, a background description, a script, images, a treatment and the actual video shoot! You are required to supply some personal information – We need to know who you are and how to contact you.
Have a great time filming and don’t overthink things. Edit your video where required and ensure you’re producing content you would be excited to consume.
Get ready to submit your entry
Submit a minimum of 1 and a maximum of 3 short-form gaming episodes. A few examples would include content about technology, esports Player profiling, gaming dramas, the lifestyle of gamers and so on. Your original content must have a duration of between 5 and 10 minutes and the file size of each episode should be between 1GB and 10GB.
Follow us on Social
Keep up to date and in the know about #OpenUpTheGames by following our social pages and using the #OpenUpTheGames
- Is there an entry submission fee?
No – Entry is free!
- How do I submit my entry?
Click on “Submit” tab on the top menu bar and complete all information required on the form.
- Can I email my submission?
No, unfortunately you can’t. Entries submitted on email will not be accepted and will be rejected. All entries must be uploaded on www.create.telkomone.tv
- What is the criteria for submission?
- Your content must not have had any television play.
- The entrant and cast must reside in South Africa.
- Each minimum submission should not be longer than 10 minutes.
- We will accept a minimum of 1 and maximum of 3 files.
- Content must be original and all the commercial and legal rights must be owned by the entrant.
- Content with dialogue in a language other than English must be submitted with English subtitles.
- All content submissions must be done on the TelkomONE #OpenUpTheGames competition website www.create.telkomone.tv
- Entrants must be 18 years or above at the time of entry.
- Only lifestyle content related to gaming (Technology, Player Profiles, Gaming Dramas, Life of Gamers etc.) will be accepted.
- We have no ratings limitations, but submissions should not contain explicit language or actions, no explicit violence, sexual content or vulgar content. TelkomONE reserves the right to disqualify such entries.
- What are the categories for submission?
There is 1 category to which you can submit your entry for:
- Who can enter?
- Anyone aspiring to be a content creator, director, or producer. Entrants must not:
- Submit content that has already been screened, broadcast, or filmed by television networks or video platforms.
- Can I edit my entry?
No – Once you have pressed the submit button, you will not be able to edit your entry. The onus is on you to ensure you have submitted correct information and content.
- Can I enter more than once?
Yes – Multiple entries by the same applicant will be allowed to a maximum of 3 (three) before the closing date.
- How do I know that my entry has been submitted?
You will receive a confirmation screen and an email confirming your entry.
- My content is on another content platform, such as YouTube, Can I submit it as an entry?
Yes, this is why TelkomONE is opening up the Games. Please note that upon entry, your content must be removed from the other platform as it will be exclusive to TelkomONE during the competition.
- Can professional esports players or content creators such as streamers, enter the competition?
Yes, the competition is open to anyone. Please ensure your content tells a story and is centred around the gaming lifestyle.
- What happens to my content once I’ve entered the competition?
Win or lose, the content you submit as part of your entry, will be displayed exclusively on the TelkomONE platform in the free section.
- What is the judging process?
There will be 2 rounds of judging:
- Round 1: Pre-assessment by our #OpenUpTheGames Squad who will check that your entry meets the minimum requirements and does not contain explicit language or actions, explicit violence, sexual content or vulgar content.
- Round 2: Judging by our panel of industry experts.
- Our team of industry experts will review all entries submitted before 18:00pm on 31 May 2021.
- Judging will take place from 1 – 6 June 2021.
- Winners will be announced on 7 June 2021.
- How will the winners be selected?
Winner selection will be based on a collective opinion of all our judges on content that meets the criteria, is relevant and resonates with the South African Audience. The Judge’s decision is final and no correspondence in this regard will be entered into.
- I have got an issue – who do I contact?
Customer Care: 081 120